Here are 14 of the most common repairs Coles can help you with:
- Flat or worn tyres? Our extensive range of on and off brand tyres mean we won’t let you down, even if your tyres do! If you’ve got a puncture you may just need a simple repair, please call us and we’ll help. All tyre replacements come with free fitting, valves and balancing, find out more here.
- Worn clutch? The clutch commonly degrades with use, especially if you make lots of short stop-start journeys, or you tow frequently. Our mechanics are fully trained to solve any of your clutch issues, including replacement parts (drive plates, pressure plates and flywheel) if necessary. So, if your clutch feels spongy or your gears feel like they slip occasionally, or perhaps the pedal vibrates or feels loose, pop into Coles and we’ll take a look for you.
- Flashing warning lights? This may indicate the start of some major issues with your vehicle, or it could be temperamental electronics. Either way, we need to take a look under your bonnet as soon as we can. We pride ourselves on the very latest state-of-the-art diagnostic systems that are sure to quickly get to the root of the problem, before it escalates into something bigger. For more details of our diagnostic services see here.
- Dented or scratched bodywork? Our skilled body shop technicians are on call to remove any small dents or scratches to give your car back its perfect sheen. We also take great care of your vintage and classic cars.
- Worn brake pads and discs or squealing brakes? We source the best quality, guaranteed replacement brake pads and brake discs to make sure that your car is as safe as it possibly can be. We also offer a quick and thorough brake fluid replacement service, keeping your braking system in tip-top condition and keeping you and your family safe on the roads. If you are at all unsure about the health of your brakes pop in to see us for a free Coles brake check – your safety is our priority.
- Car overheating? This could be the sign of potential head gasket failure – very bad news for your engine and your pocket! Please call us if you see any signs of overheating, engine smoking or loss of power and we’ll take a look. A blown head gasket will cause major damage to the workings of your engine so repairs need to be carried out as soon as possible. For more details on signs of head gasket problems see here.
- Worn shock absorbers? Damaged shocks can seriously affect the way your car handles and make your ride less comfortable, but sometimes the wearing is so gradual it’s hard to notice. This can also cause problems with uneven tyre wear and swerving when braking so there is a real safety importance to keeping your shocks in good condition. Our technicians are fully qualified to give you a free shock absorber check-up and proceed with repairs if necessary. During a Coles Service we always check that your shock absorbers are in good condition.